On Friday, the Boeing company released a detailed report on World Air Cargo Forecast (WACF) for upcoming 20 years.
Boeing is predicting a huge demand in air cargo services in next 20 years with twofold growth in Air Cargo traffic and 60% growth in world freighter fleet.
The 2022 WACF expects that world’s air cargo planes will require 2800 new Freighters aircraft to attain the growth and replace the old carriers by 2041.
Brief about Boeing World Air Cargo Forecast
According to forecast the operators will need more fuel-efficient planes like B777 freighter to meet regulatory demands. The Boeing also expects that one third of aircraft will be Newly produced while two third will be converted, like B737 Boeing converted Freighters or BCF.
Here is the Brief Summary of Boeing WACF:
- The World freighter aircraft fleet will grow by more than 1,300 planes to more than 3,600 jets over the next 20 years.
- The Asia-Pacific part will take delivery of nearly 40% of all freighters, including brand new and converted cargo planes due to strong growth in the region.
- While dedicated cargo planes are 8% of the total commercial plane fleet, they continue to carry more than half of all air cargo, with passenger airplanes carrying the remainder as belly cargo.
The 2022 reports have specified forecast with respect to regions which include: – Africa, Domestic China, East Asia–North America, Europe and East Asia, Europe and North America, Intra- East Asia and Oceania, Intra Europe, Latin- America, Middle East, North America, Russia and Central Asia and Finally South Asia.
Before the COVID-19 pandemic, freighters made up less than 8% of the total commercial jet fleet, yet they carried more than 50% of all air cargo traffic. As the pandemic continued, at the end of 2021, freighters represented nearly 10% of the total commercial jet fleet and carried approximately 70% of all air cargo traffic.
The Airlines operating Freighters generates around 90% of total Industry cargo revenues.
Every two years, Boeing publishes the World Air Cargo Forecast, a comprehensive overview of the air cargo industry. The complete 2022 World Air Cargo Forecast can be found at www.boeing.com/wacf.
Boeing Freighter Types
Freighter fleet forecast categorizes airplanes by capacity measured in Tonnes.
- Standard body freighters offer less than 45 Tonnes of carrying capacity.
- Medium widebody freighters have capacities of 40 to 80 Tonnes.
- Large freighters provide more than 80 Tonnes of capacity.
We will keep you posted about more such detailed analysis and reports by industry leaders, so stay tuned and click on bell icon to get latest and exclusive news and updates.
Follow us on Google News: –Google News – The Aeronation – Aerospace
Join our Telegram group for latest Updates: – Telegram: Contact @aviationa2z