In a move, the airline claims to be made in line with its commitment to product and service excellence, Singapore Airlines (SIA) declared on Friday the introduction of services of its Airbus A350-900 medium-haul wide-body aircraft from Hyderabad to Singapore every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and Sunday.
We are delighted to enhance our services to Hyderabad with our wide-body A350 aircraft. This is a significant milestone for us as it reinforces our commitment to the market, more so after SilkAir’s integration with Singapore Airlines a year ago,” said Sy Yen Chen, General Manager of India for Singapore Airlines
“In line with the company’s commitment to product and service excellence, the Airbus A350 medium-haul aircraft, combined with our award-winning inflight service, will provide enhanced comfort to passengers from Hyderabad. Furthermore, the introduction of a wide-body aircraft in this sector also opens up a wider range of opportunities and capabilities for SIA Cargo,” he said.
For the remainder of the week, the airline will continue to operate its B737-8 narrow-body services. “From 30 October 2022, Singapore Airlines will restore hundred percent of its pre-pandemic frequency from India, and will operate 96 flights weekly from eight cities across the country,” the company told in a release.
Singapore Airlines and Tata Group
The news also comes at a time when Singapore Airlines (SIA) is in talks with India’s TATA Group over a potential merger with Vistara airlines. SIA holds a 49% stake in the airlines, while TATA Group holds the other 51%.
“The discussions seek to deepen the existing partnership between SIA and Tata, and may include a potential integration of Vistara and Air India,” SIA told in a report to the Singapore Exchange.
The report also notes that any agreement will be subject to approval from the competition watchdog of Singapore and concerned authorities in India.
According to the International Air Transport Association, India will become the world’s third-largest aviation market by 2024 for both international and domestic traffic.
Leave a Reply